21.11.08

Why we should go to a Northern European nation for 09

'Cause they got Dignitas, that's why.  And after hearing such a provocative slogan, Suicide Tourism, I really, really want to go. I don't want to die, but I like having the option of assisted suicide should I become very ill. I also like the idea of maxing out all my credit cards if I'm terminally ill. I'm going to live it up on my way out.

Suicide Tourism isn't actually as great as it sounds, unless you are suicidal. You don't go and watch people kill themselves, you go there to kill yourself, because you're lazy ass nation refuses to help you. Okay so maybe it's not laziness, but more a whole lot of squirminess? Despite having a death penalty and being involved in a whole lot of wars, the idea of killing someone who isn't... um..."deserving", isn't capable of scary you, doesn't make you feeling that there is no other choice, someone who inspire pity and empathy is much harder to kill. I dunno.

Well my fellow ghouls, here's the suicide protocol, courtesy of Wikipedia;
"...Dignitas uses the following protocol: an oral dose of an anti-emetic drug, followed approximately 30 minutes later by a lethal overdose of powdered Nembutal dissolved in a glass of water. If necessary, the drugs can be ingested via a drinking straw. The Nembutal overdose depresses the central nervous system, causing the person to become drowsy and fall asleep approximately 15 minutes after drinking it. Anaesthesia progresses to coma as the person's breathing becomes more shallow. Death is caused by respiratory arrest, which occurs approximately 30 minutes after ingesting the Nembutal."