20.11.08

Pills

I love pills!  I love my morning ritual of putting as many as I can in my mouth (3 at time!) and washing them down with soda.  Diet or regular, Coke, Pepsi, or Shasta.  At this point if I don't do this my whole day is off.  Which is why my weekends have such a strange, timeless, feel to them.  Not a good type of timelessness, one where the weekend feels like it might last forever, but one where morning, night, and afternoon seem to switch places with each other at random.  So why don't I just follow my pill ritual on the weekends? 
 I'll tell you why, I'm not at my desk, I'm not trying to look busy (although with all the pills, I might look more crazy than busy) , and I feel weird trying to consume my usual breakfast of soda, pills, "Oriental" snack crackers, and maybe a  donut at home.  I feel like I should actually eat breakfast style food.  And then I always sit on the couch at home too, so I lose that desky feel and have no easily accessible flat surface to rest my pill case on.  But the main reason, the real reason, is that my purse isn't on the floor next to me.  
I can't leave my purse on the floor, least the big eared, buck tooth, four pound beastie gets to it and chews the straps.  And without that purse open on the floor, with my pills peaking out at me, I just don't remember to do it.  I'm a creature of habit.