1.12.08

Zombies and how to prepare for them

If there is one thing that all children, preteens, teens and twenty-somethings worry about, it's about zombie attacks. I cannot walk in down the street without thinking of zombie escape routes. Things like, if I hop that fence will I be safe for a little while or will I only trap myself? I can't look at a apartment without thinking, "Are the walls in the apartment thick enough that zombies' couldn't just punch through them?"

I've recently added a new technique to zombie proofing repertoire after watching 28 Days Later, destroy the lower staircase! Everyone on the ground floor is already screwed with their easily accessible windows, they're already as good as un-dead. This keeps zombies from accessing the higher levels of the building, for us lucky tenants that dwell in the the upper echelons of survivor society. Unless of course the zombies are them new running, jumping acrobat style zombies.

I think that this might actually be a coping mechanisms for me. Instead a serenity prayer kind of thing, I distract myself my by preparing monster attacks. It can be quite time consuming.