2.12.08

100 people killed in TJ in two weeks

Mis padres-in-law own a house in TJ, and my dear M is always trying to convince me to go.  This is a bad neighborhood even by TJ standards, before the spike in violence.  During my mother-in-law's last visit (they live state side)  to her house involved finding a man in house across the dirt road who had been tortured.  The neighbors called an ambulance to pick him, he refused, and was dead the next day.  No fucking way are we going there anytime soon.  When Mexican drug cartel killings are making the US news (even if it is on NPR)that means it's really fucking bad.  Juarez has been getting a lot press too, but I haven't heard anything about mujeres de Juarez, which is much more shocking series of brutal murder, that seem to be carried out for just for sadism, that have been going on forever.
Anyway, I'm off track because I'm on valium. There is no fucking way I will be visiting M's TJ home, I don't care if they do have a concert wall shards of glass stuck in the top, we are soooo not going.