7.12.08

Yet another weekend trip to the ER

*sigh* yet another night spent in an emergency room/urgent care. My dear friend X, while attempting to open a window, managed to smash her hand through it. My friend E and I were sitting in the living room ( X is one of the few people I know who actually has a living room), we heard the glass shatter and a scream, but we thought she knocked over a glass or something. When we heard her say, "Fuck, my hand's been cut open and there's blood every where!", we knew intuitively, that something was wrong.
After carefully bandaging her hand in a dirty kitchen towel, we hopped in to my car and were off to spend a few hours in a dirty ER waiting room. Our only comfort was telling X that she would feel better when they cut her hand off and that she'd be a stump trend setter. Her pinky was cut the worst, but to make her feel better, I told her that if they had to amputate it we could replace it with a baby carrot.

She got seven stitches. To make up for it ( we felt it was our fault because we decided to drop by and surprise her, thus necessitating the need for an open window)we took her to In N' Out. But she had to pay for herself.