16.12.08

Confession of a compulsive drinker

I drink compulsively.  Doesn't matter what it is, water, booze, tea, coffee, juice, soda, energy drinks, if it's around I will drink and then I will have another, and another, and another...  If I only have access to coffee, I'll 3-4 cups, regardless of how bad it taste.  Water?  Why I'm right next to water cooler, so as soon as the disposable cup gets halfway empty, it's time to freshen it up.  Energy drinks?  Despite no longer having need to stay up all night, in fact at this point in my life it's to my disadvantage, but I'll still drink 'em till I'm all jittery anyway.
This compulsion is only a problem because of alcohol, since I will drink that compulsively as well.  The good news is that tolerance is really high, but I'm sure ingesting so much poison is not good for my body.  One martini, try 4-6, all very strong, or a whole bottle of red wine, or 4 mojitos (which are about 1/2 rum when I make 'em and I always use tall glasses).  Thanks to my high tolerance, I'm a very productive drunk, household projects, crafts, elaborately organized underwear drawers  At first M and I both thought that my productive benders were just away to calm myself down, which they are of course, but not to the extent we thought.  It wasn't until I realized I drink this way all the time, albeit less harmful liquids.  So I've toned down the hard drinking a bit, no more weekday martinis and mojitos, only two glasses of wine instead of the whole bottle, because of M's concern for my health and because I'm taking 5-6 pills everyday, two of which are sedatives, so I shouldn't really be mixing all this stuff... anyway, this has really increased my soda and juice consumption.