19.3.09

The further confession of a beverage addict

So my foray into sobriety has not been as smooth a transition as I thought it would be.  I have been drinking, but a lot less.  I almost cut out hard liquor and now I have a glass of wine instead of a whole bottle.  And I don't buy wine every time I go to the store, so I've gone from buying booze on an almost daily basis to once a week.  So I'm still pleased with my self.  But I'm just addicted to fluids, no alcohol, then I have diet soda, no soda, then give me some juice, no juice, then I make some coffee.  If I'm desperate I'll drink water.  The other day we only had orange juice in the house and I drank the whole thing.
It's like I always want to be tasting something.  I would eat more snacks, but as a compulsive hand washer I can't do any other chores while eating.