25.2.09

I'm not the only with good credit who's getting rate hikes and limits lowered!

I was sorta listening to the radio while working, when I overhead the words "AmEx" and "closing accounts." This got my attention immediately. I went to the NPR site and found this and this .  The article's good on its own, but the best part, for the most part, are the comments.  Everyone is getting hit with ridiculous rate and limits.
The part that is so troubling to me is that these measures were meant to keep people who are credit risk in line.  That if you fuck around, or are irresponsible, or just unlucky, you have to deal with these particular consequences.  But when you managed to stay on the straight and narrow path that is good credit, no matter how hard it is, to still get the same treatment what is your incentive?  Credit card companies are still a business, by doing this they are just alienating the clients they need.  I know it's a great short term fix, hike up the rates, get more money, lower the limits and lower your risk.  What a winning combination.  But then the ugly problem of long term consequences rears its ugly head...