6.1.09

More ways to have fun during a recession

I've noticed that consumer credit has worsened. Three of my cards, all with no balances, never a late payment, etc., were closed by the credit company. I think all of limits have been reduced and most of my interest rates have gone up. So now I'm starting to worry. We do have cash savings, but we always felt that we could rely on credit to pay for any large, unexpected, emergencies so we wouldn't have to dip in to our savings...
So now we need a much larger pile of cash for emergencies so we'll still have something in savings if/when something bad happens, which means it's time to come up with more ways to have fun, or at least remain occupied, without spending too much...

  • Potluck.  But a potluck with a price limit,  maybe no more spent than 5 bucks a dish?  Or only what you have in your fridge...
  • Exercise.  I know, I know, but at least you're prepping your body for the tough times ahead.
  • Can't stress this enough, learn to make moonshine...
  • Sleep.  Not only does it feel good, it's also free.  It'll even save you money because you won't be eating, driving, etc.