28.7.09

My little brother congratulates me...

on my transition from woman-child to childish-woman via email.

"you have finally shed the husk of nymph-hood and pupated into a mature human.

Soon, you will have a thick wool cardigan, three snotty kids, and a suite of woodworking tools in your spacious garage.  You will need coffee and whiskey to live, and will find the mores of 19-year-olds offensive and baffling.  Your mandibles will grow heavier and sharper, sickle-like.  Your thorax will lose that glossy iridescent sheen common to immature specimens, darkening to a metallic bronze.

Congratulations on becoming an adult, big sister."

I have posted this without consent, for I do indeed have the largest mandibles in the family and my sibling should be grateful that I did not devour him as I did the others.