20.7.09

The inside of my case is...

HP's big, fat, fuck you. 
I don't think it was designed to ever have the power supply removed.  Not by me anyway.
The HP upgrade manual explains how to remove the disk drive, the hard drive, and memory, but the PSU, oh no.  But despite a lack of information, and experience, we (M and I) managed to remove it all the same.  We removed the motherboard and ripped one the wires that powers the fan.  M feels confident that with the aid of some electric tape acquired from a Japanese 99 cents store she can reconnect the wire.  
Anyway- we got it out and now I fear that I may not be able find a supply narrow enough to fit in the case. Whatever, we're getting a Mac anyway.  This project went from high priority, better be super-duper careful to let's crack this thing open and see what makes it tick.  
I was disappointed to find out that it was not powered by a hamster on wheel.