4.5.09

What I did with my weekend...

Spent all Sunday being very hungover.  Now let me tell the story of how I came to be hungover on the Sabbath.  I got fucking loaded on Saturday.
M and I attended two birthday parties, one for our friend J and another for a friend of friend, who's name I don't know.  But the nameless one had bottle service at the Abby.

In total I consumed
2 Jack and cokes
4 Beers
1 Screwdriver
1/2 a Mojito w/ M
1 Lemon Drop

And it was the fucking Lemon Drop that put me over the edge.  I knew I was my limit, which is why I reluctantly spilt the Mojito with M.  I had been dying to go so I could kvetch about work.  I instead I wandered off, chatted w/ B and her girlfriend, L, and had the poisons Lemon Drop of doom.  I was fine until got home actually, surprisingly, and didn't feel sick until I was starting to fall asleep.  
Anyway the point is I now realize why I will drink so much.  To deal with anger, I was pissed about work, about being giving the run around regarding my raise.  So drinking hard not only dulls the frustration to a point where I can sit calmly and pull my hair out it also makes me feel like a bad ass.  Until I start throwing up, at least.  It does make me feel like I'm tough, rebellious, that I can do anything I want to if I put my mind to it.
Right now I'm sitting at my desk seething about the almost two full weeks that have gone by since I brought it up without any response.  I'm angry that I have to bring it up again, it feels like begging.  It feels shameful, as if my work is only worthwhile if I'm not asking to be paid for it, 'causes then it's worthless. Then it's optional.  It's unnecessary, unless it seems like I'm doing out the goodness of my heart. Blogging makes me feel slightly better, then I get to feel like I'm sticking it to them for the unpaid IT work.  Four months of unpaid IT work.