24.11.08

My love for Asian goods has been reignited

For a while now, with rise of anime in mainstream, Hello Kitty for target, and Hello Kitty worshipping celebrities everywhere, I lost interest in all things small, cute, surprisingly useful/useless, and from the East. On top of that, every low brow artist began to use anime/charter style creatures in their art work/t-shirts/vinyl toys. I burned out, the unusual had become mundane, that is until a new little shop opened up in the strip mall next to work.
I've fallen in love with the the Morning Glory products, designed by Yellow Submarine. Calendars and notebooks with cute little designs
that don't really make any sense and broken English that makes even less sense. It's a Korean company, and most of the characters are a little too Disneyish, but the new random shit thrown together line is really quite cute.
Such as the "I Envy You" card wallet you see on the left.